It’s an hour before midnight and you can’t sleep.
As usual, your brain is rummaging through all the dreams you want to chase, and the most ultimate of them is opening your own business. You get all excited and picture how you want it to be – from the products to the name to interiors, you can’t wait for the day you get it all in place.
Then suddenly, your brain decides to flip sides — “Nope, that’s too big of a dream. You can’t do it.” And somehow, you’re convinced. You set aside that dream, you brushed to your side, hugged your pillow then went to sleep.
It did not stop there. Negative thoughts somehow still managed to enter your brains. And for the worst part, you let them in. But Selfmade is here to tell you everything is attainable. Close the door on those negative thoughts and be brave enough to actually do the first step: START.
Whatever business you want to venture in — restaurant, t-shirts, bracelets, sneakers, etc. — watching these videos from TED Talks will help you crack the code on how to thrive in the business industry.
1. Grit: the power of passion and perseverance | Angela Lee Duckworth
2. The single biggest reason why startups succeed | Bill Gross
3. The surprising habits of original thinkers | Adam Grant
4. Two reasons companies fail — and how to avoid them | Knut Haanaes
5. 3 ways to (usefully) lose control of your brand | Tim Leberecht
6. The puzzle of motivation | Dan Pink
Now that you went through all of them, share to us which your favorite video is and how you plan to start your business!